The census data comes every 10 years. Last time in 2011(15th Census of India), census data came and now in 2021, it will be coming again.
With the help of Census data, we will get to know many things about the country. The data of census in India started from the British era. He did a census for the first time in 1871. Since then, censuses in India are done every 10 years. Census is nothing but collecting different details of the country’s population.
Use of census
Census data are used in many ways. The CENSUS is used to implement the schemes made by the government and their policies well. The census that was in 2011 was 15 times and in 2021 it is going to be 16 times. This census is also important because of CAA and NRC.
15th Census of India and Exam Point of View
Whenever an incident is made, many questions come up in the context of that. The census is also like this, When the census comes new, the importance of old census increases with the new. If you are preparing for SSC, UPSC, CGL, Banking, and Railway Recruitment exam, then these data and incoming data are very important for you. We have also given a link below to download this article in PDF. So You can read offline by saving it.
Some fact about 15th Census of India
- The motto of census 2011 was “Our Census, Our future”.
- Census 2011 was released in New Delhi on 31st March 2011
- Census 2011 was the 15th census of India & 7th census after Independence
- Total Population in 2011 census – 1,210,569,573 (1.21 Billion)
- Population – 1210.19 million [Males – 623.7 million (51.54%) Females – 586.46 million (48.46%)]
- Present Registrar General & Census Commissioner – C. Chandra Mouli
- The total estimated cost of the Census was INR2200 crore (US$350 million).
- Increase in population during 2001 – 2011 is 181 Million
Click here to download PDF: click here